- How We Protect Your Information:
We abide by laws and regulations and we take additional steps to protect the personal and financial information you share with us when you are using our systems to prepare tax returns. The steps we take are reasonable and consistent with industry practice to assure such compliance. However, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable.
- Security programs we adhere to and measures we take:
- SSL – Refund Manager uses secure socket layer (SSL) encryption of data to protect the security of information you submit to us when you use our online tax preparation services. SSL Certificates provides you with a technological "lock and key" system to help assure that only you can obtain access to your account and information.
- Steps We Take Internally To Protect the Confidentiality of Your Information
- Our employees are trained to safeguard your private information.
- Customer data is encrypted so that only authorised employees are permitted to view your data.
- Refund Manager employees are given access to your data only on a "need to know" basis and all employees have signed written employment agreements requiring them to maintain the confidentiality of Refund Manager and customer data.
- Refund Manager employees undergo a background check before hiring
- Refund Manager facilities are secured by various protective devices and systems.
- Your Responsibilities to Protect Your Information
- Remember, e-mail you send us is not necessarily secure against interception. If your e-mail communication includes sensitive information like your bank account number, or debit, credit or charge card numbers, you may want to consider contacting us through one of our secure online forms or telephone. If you contact us by e-mail, you assume the risk of interception.
- If you wish to send us secure online communication, please use our secure interface provided to you in our contact us page.
- You agree that you will provide information about yourself that is accurate, current and complete. Information that is not accurate may not be subject to privacy protection.
- You have the responsibility to protect your personal information, particularly in the context of use of the Websites, to protect your user name, password and any other confidential access codes. Refund Manager does not have responsibility for your actions in failing to protect your user name, password or any other confidential access codes. In the event you think your user name, password or any other confidential access codes has been disclosed to others, please notify the websites at email@example.com.
- You must maintain the confidentiality of what you submit to us, for example, you must sign out properly so that no one else may gain access to your account. Make sure you click on the "sign out" button. You must notify us of any theft of your personal data as soon as you become aware that there might have been a loss (within 2 days).
- Refund Manager has no liability for problems created by your actions as described in this clause (Refund Manager's liability is covered more extensively in its Terms of Service).
- How and what do we collect?
- We may collect information about your visit to our Websites, including the pages you view, the links you click, and other actions you may take on our Websites. We also collect the standard information that your browser sends to every website you visit such as your IP address, browser type and language, access times and referring website addresses.
- We also collect information about our visitors' age, gender, and general interests principally by way of Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting. This data is used solely for internal marketing purposes and is never shared with any third party. The information gathered enables us to improve our services through better targeting of the specific needs of our core audiences. As a visitor to our site, you can choose not to share this data by opting-out of Google Analytics. You may do so by installing the Google Analytics opt-out Browser add-on.
- If you wish to use certain of the services available at the Websites you may be asked to sign in by providing an e-mail address and creating a password; and on some pages you may be asked to provide additional information such as name, home and/or business address and/or telephone or mobile telephone number; and further asked to provide your age, gender, preferences, interests, and personal financial information; and if you make a purchase, we may ask for your credit card number and expiration date, billing address and two forms of secure ID.
- The Websites, like most, collect information to make the Websites more interesting, useful and to enable us to administer the Websites and our services efficiently. For example, Refund Manager records usage data, such as internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks to analyse trends, administer the site, ascertain frequency of use, track user's movement in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. The Websites may use a variety of technical methods to analyse how you use our Websites, one of which is a "web beacon" which may tell us how frequently certain parts of the Websites are visited; another is the inclusion in HTML e-mails of means to tell us whether the e-mail was opened. Such information may be transmitted to third parties hired by us to collect and/or analyse it. The information thus gathered may be combined or collected in ways that may become personally identifiable. If you use our services (rather than merely visit the Websites), the IRS requires that we record your IP address.
- We use "Cookies." A "cookie" is a small piece of information that our Websites may send to your computer when you visit our Websites. Cookies may be used for a variety of purposes such as storing user id number and password so that our Websites remember who you are when you return and therefore permit you to regain access to areas that are limited to registered users. By adjusting your browser settings you can be alerted every time a cookie is sent to your computer or you can "turn off"(neutralise so they don't work) all cookies. However, we recommend that you not turn off cookies because permitting us such access enables us to provide you with better service.
- How do we use the information we collect?
- We do not contact any of your clients nor do we share your client data with anyone else unless required by law.
- If you receive e-mail from us such as newsletters or other mailings, we may use "Web beacons" (these are small pieces of data embedded on the pages of websites), customised links or similar technologies to determine whether the e-mail we sent has been opened and which links you click. We may combine the information we collect about you from one Website or service with others, including information from other companies. All of this is done to better design our services for your benefit, and to afford you a more efficient, consistent and personalised experience in your interactions with our Websites. For example, we may do this to find out your general geographic area so that we may customise our offerings and services for you. If you DO NOT wish to receive marketing emails, you may opt out when you logging onto your account. Once signed in, select the "My Account" tab, edit the Registration Information, untick the box "YES! Please email me with special offers and updates about your service.", and save the new settings.
- Change of Policy
- Contact for Questions or Complaints and to give Notice
Tax Refund Manager Pty Ltd
PO Box 562
Traralgon, VIC 3844
- Do We Share the Data You Provide Us With, and if Yes, With Whom Do We Share?
Generally, we do not disclose your personal information to anyone outside Refund Manager without your consent, subject to some exceptions stated below.
- Of course, we will use your personal information to: a) provide you with our services and products; b) to respond to your questions about our services and products; and c) to offer you other services and products that we believe may be of interest to you.
- Disclosures may be made in connection with legal proceedings or government investigations as described below in Disclosures Required By Law.
- Disclosures may be made if the business is sold as described below in Mergers or Acquisitions.
- Disclosures Required By Law
Refund Manager may disclose your information when required by law, requested by law enforcement agencies, and/or when we believe it is necessary to protect Refund Manager from litigation or adverse publicity.
- Personal Account Information
- After submission of your Pratice's information you may change your information at any time to correct inaccuracies by signing into your account.
- Mergers or Acquisitions
- Refund Manager may sell all or part of its business, including personal information about you. In such a case we will notify you by e-mail to the last current e-mail address that our records indicate for you and by posting a notice on the appropriate Websites at least 30 days prior to the transfer of the data.